Friday, May 29, 2009

Maintenance Update

Things have gotten much better.

Since last time...
After my last update, the past few weeks started a little rough with another gall stone attack, but now, overall, things are great. 

Other than the very occasional GI tract issue, I have gotten used to my daily medications. I think I may even be getting used to my weekly one that makes me super sleepy.  I'm a little slow to come up with this simple solution, but I now take it at night so even if I am sleepy, I won't care.

My eye continues to be partially obscured, but I think its getting better. The shape that obscured part of my vision seems to have broken into two shapes now--so hopefully I am on the road to recovery.

Surgery
I have been waiting to write until I have some news, and here it is... I now have my surgery scheduled. Hurray!

I'll be going into the hospital on Monday at 8 AM for a 1:30 AM surgery. I'll be getting my port out, and also my gallbladdder.  It's great to have this scheduled, as I feel like I can't really mend completely until all of this is over. 

Both surgeries are laparoscopic. This means they are minimally invasive, can be done outpatient, and have shorter recovery times. If I recall--I should be up and about at home by Wednesday, and completely back to normal by Friday.

Hair
My hair is even coming back in. 

It seems to have come in in three stages. The first was all white, and is still sort of invisible. After that, two round of dark hairs started up. It's all very thin, and I think the white hairs won't really show until there is thicker dark hair to contrast against. 

Then again the white hair may all fall out--who knows?  

Overall
Overall--things are good! And should just be getting better and better...

No comments:

Post a Comment