Friday, April 10, 2009

Day 3-4 (Thurs and Friday)

Again the chemo hit hard...

The Chemo
I am down to my last kind of chemo that is given every other day. They gave it to me at 9 PM and it runs for 3 hours. Then again 12 hours later. Its not supposed to cause nausea, but it did for me. Spent an hour vomiting after they gave it to me at 9--I finally called a nurse and she had meds for me that calmed it. My fault for not calling sooner.

Mostly I sleep. 

Aversion
Forget embracing the mush. I think I have built up a psychological aversion to the pink tray of food. I don't want to open it or think about it. It makes me queasy doing so. So I am sticking to mostly pretzels, ensure, and water.

Done with That
But I am done with all that-and now comes the weird free day. I finished my chemo for Friday, and get nothing until 9 PM Saturday.  

I just sit around.


No comments:

Post a Comment